Histology and Pathology Services
The Neurosurgery Biorepository and Pathology Core provides a range of histology and pathology services to members of the Brain Tumor Research Center and to other UCSF investigators.
- Processing and embedding of fixed tissues
- Preparation of unstained sections: paraffin and frozen
- H&E staining
- Immunostaining services, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and multiplex immune
- In situ hybridization, including RNAscope
- DNA and RNA isolation
- Pathology evaluation
- Immunostaining quantification
To submit samples for processing:
- Complete the Histology and Pathology Services Request Form.
- List unique identifiers for each sample
- Indicate desired processing, embedding, quantity and thickness of section, types of staining, etc.
- Include DPA and Fund number or Speedtype. (Recharge Rates)
- Bring samples along with the completed form to 1450 3rd Street, HD425 by Wednesday, 3pm for the weekly processing run. Samples should be in 70% ETOH in cassettes and labeled in pencil.
The Core uses Ventana Benchmark Ultra and Discovery Ultra automated instruments to perform immunostaining on human and model-system tissues. The Core has optimized over 100 single-plex and multi-plex assays. Please inquire for details.
Please see Recharge Rates for full list of detailed pricing.
UCSF Dept. of Pathology investigators should contact the Manager directly about pricing.